Grand rounds speakers
The Fellowship in Family Planning supports speakers who are nationally renowned family planning experts and are at the forefront of research and clinical care in abortion and contraception.
Evidence-based presentations are available on the following topics:
- Long-acting reversible contraception
- Emergency contraception
- Misoprostol and its uses in the gynecologic practice
- New methods of early abortion
- Techniques and use of manual vacuum aspiration
- First and second trimester abortion
- Treatment of abortion complications
- Resident training in abortion
- Abortion and public health
- New developments in medical and surgical abortions
- Post-abortion contraception and postpartum contraception
- Contraceptive updates
- Incarcerated Women and Reproductive Health Care
Resident and medical student workshops:
- Papaya workshop (simulation exercise performing uterine evacuation, IUD insertion, and practicing other gyn skills)
- Values clarification and professionalism
We cover speaker travel and honoraria. Only department-wide grand rounds presentations at academic institutions in the US or Canada are eligible for support.
Email us for more information.